27.1.07

Next destination??

Next week i have to take IELTS exam (google definition: International English Language Testing System), to be short, a fucking exam to decide if I know sufficient English to study a master degree in UK. Well I am not really nervous about that. However after a year speaking English with people from all nationalities, my pidgin English (mixed with German, Spanish…) and funny strange accent really freaks me out. No matter how much James Joyce I have read in these few months. God bless those suffering moments.

Last month I received the offer of University of Bristol, which was very good news to me. I don’t know why I am so keen to be back to Europe. To be honest, I came back to my original life really soon after coming back from Linz. I learned once again to dive in the city and to be a person like everybody else. I know the city well, and I am cozy with this familiarity.

Only I know that something in my mind has changed. I miss Europe, and I miss the freedom that no one recognizes me. I can disguised to be anyone I want to be. I don't need to care too much about what other people thinks. I was pretty lonely in Europe, but somehow I feel more here. Actually I feel more like being forgotten.

“The relationship is nice but the distance is cruel.” I don't remember where I read this sentence, sad though, but true.

In the end the relationship is the strongest driver to move people around the world? Maybe, though I don't really want to admit, as my pride doesn't allow me to.

No comments: