Immer so viel zu tun aber wenige Zeit.
Ohh i am going to Hong Kong tomorrow, one of my favorite cities in the world. The last time was like 2004. How I love the city! Eating, shopping, eating, shopping, while practicing my lousy Cantonese... yum yum yum! Have been there around 4 times during these ten years, and how things have changed along the time! From a british-asian mixed city to a totally asian feel. I can’t say that I love the change, but I always love the over-crowded street, skylines in the bay, and the feeling that nobody knows I am “foreigner”.
I guessed that’s why I love big cities, especially London, New York….In those places, the races are so diverse that you cannot tell whether one is a tourist. And one thing I hate most is to be treated like a tourist or foreigner (i.e. ignorant and stupid), although I am a tourist from top to the bottom. For this stupid reason, I have been learning as many languages as I can, thinking that by doing this people will not treat me as a stupid tourist girl (and often reckoned to be Japanese) or look at me with a strange sight when I step into a local bar/ restaurant…
I’m full of pride, somehow. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment