4.5.08

To U (Bank Band with Salyu)




Ever since seeing the film "All about Lily Chou-chou"  was I deeply attracted by the voice of Salyu. How can one depict such a voice... it can be cold and distant, but it can also be warm and soothing. Whichever it is, it's difficult for one to ignore her songs, and they just somehow linger on and on...

I've read some review randomly saying that the "U" in the title actually means "Universe". The lyrics, beautiful and poetic, yet very difficult to be translated. With my mere knowledge of Japanese, I can only follow the existed chinese version translated by others, try to figure out what it really means, and translate again to english. So it's not a very perfect work but whatever... 



To U (Bank Band with Salyu)

池の水が鏡みたいに空の蒼の色を真似てる
The pond imitates the color of blue sky like a mirror
公園に住む水鳥がそれに命を与える
Thus the birds living in the park would be alive
光と影と表と裏
Like light and shadow, in and out
矛盾も無く寄り添ってるよ
Close to each other without contradiction
私達が こんな風であれたら
I hope we can be similar as well

愛 愛 本当の意味は分からないけど
Love, love, although I never understand the real meaning of love

誰かを通して 何かを通して 想いは繋がっていくのでしょう
"Let's connect ourselves for whatever and through whoever"
遠くにいるあなたに 今 言えるのは それだけ
This is all I could say to the distant you
悲しい昨日が 涙の向こうで いつか微笑みに変わったら
All the sorrow and tears might turn to smile one day
人を好きに もっと好きになれるから 
If you love somebody, just love him more
頑張らなくてもいいよ
No need to oblige yourself

瓦礫の街のきれいな花 健気に咲くその一輪を
A flower blossoms beautifully in the debris-covered street
「枯らす事なく育てていける」と 誰が言い切れる?
Who could ever assure it would continue growing?
それでも この小さな祈りを 空に向けて放ってみようよ
Nonetheless we can still try to cry out this small wish to the sky
風船のように 色とりどりの祈り
Our pray will then float in the sky like colorful balloons

愛 愛 それは強くて だけど脆くて
Love, love, so strong yet so fragile

また争いが自然の猛威が 安らげる場所を奪って
Endless fights and natural catastrophe once again take away our peaceful place
眠れずにいるあなたに 言葉など ただむなしく
All the words become silent for the sleepless you
沈んだ希望が 崩れた夢が いつの日か過去に変わったら
However, the sunk hope and destroyed dream would finally be gone
今を好きに もっと好きになれるから
If you love the present, just embrace it tighter
あわてなくてもいいよ
There's no need to panic

愛 愛 本当の意味は分からない
Love, love, though i still have no idea what it means
だけど強くて
It's strong

雨の匂いも風の匂いも あの頃とは違ってるけど
The feeling of rain and the smell of wind might one day alter
この胸に住むあなたは 今でも教えてくれる
But I know you still live in my heart
悲しい昨日が涙の向こうで いつか微笑みに変わったら
The sorrow and tears will one day become the smile again
人を好きに もっと好きになれるから 
If you love somebody now, just try to love him more
頑張らなくてもいいよ
There's no need to oblige
今を好きに もっと好きになれるから 
If you love the present, just embrace it tighter
あわてなくてもいいよ
There's no need to worry

No comments: