1.7.10

Die Sonne lacht so schadenfroh

Been pretty depressed lately. The idling hours along the days have become silent pressure, and I have become speechless. Job seeking kept haunting me down the way. Seems that nothing can really cheered me up. As if sharing my thoughts, the city is growing even more chaotic as summer unfolds. The rumours, uncertainty, and anxiety have penetrating the life. We are at war, yet the enemy remains a vague capture in the TV news, so-called crisis, labour reform and VAT raise. Everyone is burnt, either physically by the late-June Sun or psychologically by the economical torture.

So today was another hot day. The all-mighty metro Madrid has been on strike for the second day. Hence taxi drivers are happy, buses overloaded, and Madrileños, always running around the clock, were distressed. It was today, in a cool café near Tribunal, my desire to move to Germany is aroused. By the words of a girlfriend who is enjoy her peaceful new life in Köln, by the same distress we shared before, and by the sheer hope we were both seeking.

Really?

Have struggled so much to settle in Madrid, yet when I’m really settled, most of my friends left, one after another, either to England, Germany or even further – leaving me guarding this beautiful, charming, yet sad city.

And is it time to leave? Will I find another place in another corner of the world? Do I still remember my German? Life is more complicated than order ein Großes I believe.

Yet there’s no answer. Registered in the German class for the coming semester, I hope I could find out how life is gonna lead me through. Be it here or there.

No comments: